The company is a long standing, sizeable Interior Solutions provider in South India. They deliver interior solutions to large infrastructure projects like SEZ‘s, Corporate Parks, Corporate Offices, etc. They are a known brand name within the segments they operate & carry an impressive clientele list.
The business of end-to-end “Design-build” projects carry typical lead times of 3-6 months. With multiple players involved and many external dependencies at every stage of project execution, it’s a high risk, high value, high lead time business. The key elements of execution – material and labour, are external resources guided by availability rather than company priorities. Common teams manage multiple projects of varying scope, requirements and lead times.
- Constant chasing of material, labour and approvals across all work fronts
- Last minute fire-fighting and high work pressures
- Lack of synchronization across projects leading to severe constraints on resources
- Time, quality and brand value getting impacted
- Poor MIS, project visibility causing high working capital requirements
- Need for business to scale to a professionally run organization
- Lead time reduction: ~ 20%
- Increased productivity: ~ 35%
- Quality of end output, reduction in rework: 30%
- Focus shift from opening more work fronts to closing work fronts.
- Better prioritization mechanism aligned with customer expectations
- Less stress in the system and significantly lower load of multitasking
- Overall throughput & productivity improved
- Reduced working capital requirements
- Operational scalability proved a market differentiator for large projects